- Upon arrival at the airport you will be welcomed by our office representatives who will then transfer you to your hotel.
- You will spend rest of the day at leisure and stay overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swayambhunath Temple
- After breakfast at the hotel you will have the opportunity to Zightsee cultural spots at Kathmandu Durbar Zquare and Zwayambhunath Temple.
- Rest of the day will be at leisure and you will again spend the night at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Lukla (2845m/8700ft)and Phakding (2610m/8562ft)
- We take an early morning flight to Lukla from Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. It will take us approximately 30minutes to reach Tenzing-Hillary Airport in Lukla at 2804 meters.
- Upon arrival at the airport, our guides will brief you about the trek and introduce the porters.
- Our trek begins on a well marked trail with an easy walk through Chaurikharka Village descending to Dudhkoshi Ghat (2,530m/8,300ft). The trail follows the banks of Dudhkoshi River and we cross the hanging bridges along the way until Phakding(2,652m/8700ft).
- We will stay at a lodge in Phakding for the night to acclimatize.
Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft)
- We start our day with breakfast at the lodge in Phakding.
- We then begin our trek to Namche Bazaar which will take us approximately 6-7 hours.
(Zince the path to Namche Bazaar is well traveled, we will continually come across locals, other tourists, and traffic of yaks and porters.)
- From Phakding, our trail will take us over the Dudhkoshi River and later we walk through a beautiful pine forest to Monjo.
- We then stop at the entrance to Zagarmantha National Park which lies beyond Monjo for a brief permit check. Afterwards, we descend to Dudhkoshi River en route to Jorsale after which we hike up a steep hill to Namche.
- If the weather is clear, we will catch the first glimpse of Mt Everest.
(Namche is the main trading village in the Khumbu region and has a busy Zaturday market. It is a meeting place for the Hindu traders from the lowlands and the Tibetan yak caravans who have crossed the glaciated Nangpa La.)
- We rest at a lodge in Namche Bazaar for the night.
REST DAY at Namche Bazaar
- After breakfast at the lodge in Namche Bazaar we spend the day acclimatizing to the altitude. You can go for treks to the surrounding villages of Thames and Khumjung. (These short day treks are designed to get us used to the high-altitude trekking.)
- Or, you can hike up to the Zyangboche Airport around Everest View Hotel. From this point you can enjoy the magnificent sight of the Himalayas with alluring sunrise and sunset over the panorama of Khumbu peaks.
- We have our breakfast at the lodge in Namche and then begin the trek to Tengboche which will take us approximately 6-7hours.
- The trail from Namche continues on the side of the valley, high above the Dudhkoshi River.
- We will slowly begin to see the mountains ‘ Thamserku, Kantega, Ama Dablam, Lhotse and Everest gradually start to rise in front of us.
- After walking by several villages and tea shops, we descend to a bridge over the river at Phunki Tenga.
- We stop here for lunch and a little rest before we make a steep climb to Tengboche. During our climb we are greeted by beautiful sights of woods, rhododendron bushes, birds, mani walls, chorten, suspension bridges and the mountains.
- Upon arriving at Tengboche we will see the local monastery where lies the 20foot sculpture of Buddha.
We spend the night at a lodge in Tengboche
- After breakfast at lodge in Tengboche, we begin our trek through the rhododendron forest, birches and conifers to a small village known as Deboche followed by a suspension bridge over the raging Imja Khola River.
- From Tengboche it will take us around 6-7 hours to reach Dingboche.
- We then pass the valley wall and traverse the plains to Pangboche village. Here, we experience the magnificent Chorten and Mani walls. This village will offer us the exquisite views of Lhotse, Island Peak and Ama Dablam.
- We then trek to a small village called Pheriche and from there we ascend the last and the steepest climb of the day.
We arrive at Dingboche, which is the only place in the region where barley is grown.
Rest day at Dingboche
- We rest the day at Dingboche in order to acclimatize to the high altitude.
- You can hike up to Chuukung village via Imja Khola valley to get used to the high altitude. Chuukung village is a small summer settlement. On your way to the village you can see Yak Kharka with wide grassland area. This valley is surrounded by magnificient high mountains and glacier Lakes.
We spend the night at a lodge in Dingboche
- We have our breakfast at the lodge in Dingboche and begin the trek to Lobuche which will take us approximately 6 hours.
- Our walk begins early and towards Dughla through the Khumbu Khola valley. This trail will provide us with a wonderful opportunity to enjoy CHOLA Lake and experience the breathtaking view of Mt. Pumori.
- As we reach Dughla, we scale up the sheer terminal of the Khumbu Glacier. After 30minutes of climb we reach the Dughla Pass (4830m). Here, at the moraine lies the memorial stupas and prayer flags dedicated to the clibers and trekkers who lost their lives to Everest over the years.
- Views of some of the other peaks like Pumori, Mahalangur Himal, Khumbutse, Nuptse and Lingtren. After crossing the Khumbu Glacier we gently hike up the Lobuche and prepare for a cold night.
We stay overnight at a lodge in Lobuche
Kalapathar (5545m/18192ft) via Gorakshep (5165m/16945ft) and back to Gorakshep
- Following the Khumbu Glacier we trek towards Kalapathar. This will turn out to be one of the most difficult yet extremely rewarding treks.
- The trail is rough and icy in some parts but offers mesmerizing views of the surrounding mountains, especially where the path is forced to rise to cross a tributary glacier.
- We stop for lunch at our camping spot at Gorakshep.
- 3 hours of climbing in the afternoon will lead us to one of the finest viewpoints in the Everest region, Kalapatthar(5545m).
- From this point, the highest point on the planet at 29028ft, 8848m, can be seen towering, directly ahead of us and on all sides appear the other giant beauties like Nuptse, Pumori, Chagatse, Lhotse and countless others.
- After gazing towards the enchanting scenes for some time at the summit of Kalapatthar, we walk back to Gorakshep which will be a relatively easier then the hike up to Kalapatthar.
We spend the Night at a lodge in Gorakshep.
Everest Base Camp (5357m/17575ft) and back to Lobuche
- A very early start is required to reach the Everest Base Camp therefore, we have a very early breakfast at the lodge in Gorakshep and begin our trek.
- The trail to base camp weaves its way through the ice pinnacles and past the crevasses of the Khumbu Glacier.
- As the trail is narrow and rocky, we suggest trekkers to only concentrate on the trail before stepping.
- Upon making our way forward, we will have an opportunity to see the top of the north ridge of Mt. Everest along with Mt. Mahalngur, Mt. Lingtern, Mt. Khumbutse, Mt. Pumori and Mt. Nuptse.
- A small way up from here will lead us to a place which will allow us to experience 360 degree landscape of the hoary mountains.
- We continue our climb up to the top and all the way through the Changri Glacier in order to get a quick glimpse of Kalapatthar.
- We struggle our way up this rock and a glacial trail which will then lead us to our destination- the Everest Base Camp.
- We will spend some time at the camp to appreciate the beauty offered by Mt. Everest and her neighboring peaks.
- We take a higher route during our return to get a more alluring view of the Khumbu icefall and the route to the Zouth Col.
We return back to Lobuche and spend the night at a lodge in Lobuche.
- After breakfast at the lodge in Lobuche, we trek downhill retracing our steps to Dughla and desced to Pheriche. We arrive at The Himalayan Rescue Association, a trekker’s aid post and a place worth a visit.
- After lunch we cross the Khumbu Khola via a wooden suspension bridge and follow the Imja Khoja (River) to the village of Pangboche
We spend the night at the lodge in Pangboche.
- We have our breakfast at the lodge in Pangboche and then continue our journey towards Namche.
- We cross the river and climb back up through birch and rhododendron forest to Tengboche. As we move further ahead, Himalayan giants such as Kwangde, Tawache, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Kantega and Thamserku can be seen.
- From Tengboche we descend to the bridge over the DudhKoshi River.
- At Phunki Tenga, we get to see the water driven prayer wheels, before making our way back to Namche Bazaar.
We spend the night at a lodge in Namche.
- Our final day’s trekking begins with breakfast at the lodge in Namche and then we descend to the Dudhkoshi valley down to Lukla.
- This last evening is dedicated to celebration. We have a party with our Zherpa guides and portes.
- We try the local beer called “chang”, dance and end a memorable trip on a cheerful note.
We spend the night at a lodge in Lukla.
- After breakfast at Lukla, we pack up early and head for the airstrip for our flight back to Kathmandu.
Rest of the day will be spent at leisure and we will stay overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Departure from Kathmandu
- We have breakfast at the hotel in Kathmandu and spend some leisure till departure
Our representative will escort you to the Tribhuvan International Airport.